Sunday, April 19, 2009

Record Store Day...and I bought a 1967 Mercury Cougar!


Yesterday was Record Store Day (click here for more details) and I celebrated by going to Euclid Records in Webster Groves, MO with my friends Bart, Brian, Jeff, Scott and Tom. The celebration of Record Store Day at Euclid Records was highlighted by having a bunch of bands play all afternoon. We arrived at the store about 3:00 p.m. in time to see early 1990's local favorites Bent play their set, then Jason Ringenberg, and finally more local favorites, the Bottle Rockets.

Earlier in the day, I also celebrated by buying a 1967 Mercury Cougar. I will start to blogging more about my new purchase soon, but until then you'll have to settle for this early promotional advertisement shown above for the Mercury Cougars from 1966 as a teaser.

In case you were wondering, my purchases on Record Store Day included:
Wilco - Ashes Of American Flags DVD
Steve Earle - Live At The BBC
Pearl Jam - Ten [Deluxe Edition] (used copy)
Robyn Hitchcock - Goodnight Oslo [LP]


No comments: