Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Time To Renew My Registration

The other day I received my renewal from the Illinois Secretary of State office for the 1967 Mercury Cougar. Most of the time I cringe when this envelope arrives for the other cars we own. However, this time I had a smile on my face.  For the next five years the registration for the Cougar only costs $30.00! That's only $6.00 per year! This is a relative bargain when compared to the $79.00 per year Illinois residents pay on passenger cars.

I run antique plates on the vehicle even though restricts the amount of driving that you can do with the vehicle. You might be asking why. Most of the time I will be driving the car to a car show or to work on something in my dad's garage, but for those days that I do drive the car to work I can always advise the officer that I am driving to a show out of town or to a repair shop.  Besides, the cost is much cheaper on both registration and insurance.

A no brainer really...

No comments: