Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Update on Junkyard Crawl II

Today, I posted my story from yesterday to the Classic Cougars group on yahoo.com for the VIN registrar to see.  Here is his reply:

Hi Scott,

Great write-up. Would you consider allowing us to print this in the CCOA newsletter "At The Sign Of The Cat" I bet people would enjoy re-living their own junkyard adventures by reading this.

This VIN was reported in 6/88 and was still on the road at the time in Marissa, IL. It was red, white interior and had a 4-speed at the time.

Phil
I wrote Phil back and advised that it was okay to reprint my story. That was a nice gesture on his part. Later I found someone on Craigslist selling another 1968 Cougar in Marissa, IL.  I wonder if the same person used to own the one that is now sitting in the yard. Hmmm...

1 comment:

Splendorfalls said...

It's nice that they liked your narrative.