Sunday, October 18, 2009

Work Has Started On The Safety Items Checklist

I had needed to take back the body seals for the back up lights to the Mustang Corral for a couple of weeks now, but just never found the time.  See this previous post for details. On Saturday we were out running some errands and we agreed this is something we could mark off the to do list.



After getting some doughnuts for breakfast and a couple of other stops we headed to the Mustang Corral in Edwardsville.  I knew that I could not exchange these body seals for cash back so I was either going to find something  or just get some store credit.  One of the owners, Tim, helped me.  He is always very nice, in a good mood, and at work on some project or another.  I started to look around and one of the first things I saw was the battery hold down clamp kit for 67-70 Mustang.  I bought the the battery hold down clamp (PN C5AZ10718A), two J bolts (PN D0AZ10756A), and mounting nuts for $15.85 minus my credit.

Later, I checked the West Coast Classic Cougars site and found they were selling for $11.00, but I would have had to ship it here so that would have made up the extra cost that I paid today.  I am going to try to keep buying what I need from the Mustang Corral until the parts become only specific for the Cougar. I can get the parts I need as I need them while supporting a local business. Then, I can order what I still need from my list from West Coast Classic Cougars.

Before I install this kit, however, I have to replace and relocate the makeshift radiator overflow that a previous owner  installed. He used plastic water bottle and zip tied it to the radiator support and wedged it between the battery and the radiator support.  Therefore, the battery does not completely sit flush with the tray.  *SIGH*  Just another car guy not taking the time to do something right...

No comments: