Saturday, August 22, 2009

Letter to Georgia and reply

Here was the e-mail that I sent to the Georgia Department of Driver Services on 8/20/09:

To Whom It May Concern:

I am the current owner of a 1967 Mercury Cougar that was originally purchased and titled in the State of Georgia. I have copies of registration paperwork from 1968 to 1994, but some years are missing. I am wondering if it is possible to obtain copies of other years of this paperwork as I have noted that the forms from 1993 and 1994 have the mileage listed on the registration. I am also wondering if I could obtain any information from when the vehicle was retitled after being sold from one owner to the other.

Please let me know if any of this information would be available and what information you would need from me to do a search. On the registration copies I have the VIN number, GA title numbers, license plate numbers, etc.

Thank you in advance for your time,

S. C. A.

Here is the reply I received on 8/21/09:

Dear S:

Georgia has 5 year retention on vehicle records, so those documents are unavailable.

Vicki / Help Desk Admin Unit / Motor Vehicle Division

Oh well...it was worth a try.

No comments: