Friday, August 14, 2009

Ridin' Along In My Automobile


Rock 'N Roll legend and Chess Records artist Chuck Berry sang that line to start his classic 1964 hit "No Particular Place To Go." However, the gearheads of Detroit and the Upper Midwest have only one destination this weekend: Woodward Dream Cruise. One of these years I will make myself attend the event in Motor City, but not this year.

My dad attended a few years ago with his boss at the time and they cruised in a 1969 Dodge Charger. For my dad's sake not a General Lee clone, but just a brother to the Duke boys classic ride.

For those of you that can't be there check out this article from the New York Times for an eyewitness view of the crusing and sights and sounds from the driver's seat of a 1955 Chevrolet Bel-Air convertible. I just hope he wasn't texting his copy back to New York! There is also plenty of coverage at The Detroit News and The Detroit Free Press.

No comments: