Sunday, August 16, 2009

SOLD!!!

I am back down to three cars again.

Yesterday, I sold the 1968 Mercury Cougar Dan Gurney Special project car that I bought 2 years ago to some nice people from Liberty, MO. I bought the car 2 days before Elsie was born in July 2007. I felt a connection to the car since I had bought it just before Elsie was born and I had been so excited about getting another old car. However, I had not had much time or resources to devote to the 1968 Cougar and with the addition of the 1967 Cougar I could use the money from the 1968 to fix and repair parts of the 1967. Besides, my dad wanted his garage space back if I wasn't going to work on the 1968. I just did not have the resources to put into two old cars at this time.

I wanted to find someone who would work on the car and bring it back to life rather than just cut it up for parts and discard. I received a call from Mark saying that his 16 year old son, Isaac, was saving up some money and wanted a project car to work on. I sent several pictures to them and Mark and I talked by phone a few times and finally agreed on a price and time to come look at the car. They came out yesterday evening and carefully looked over the car. Isaac decided that he wanted to take on this project and the money and title was exchanged.

I think that after meeting them that Mark and Isaac will give the 1968 Cougar a good home.

No comments: