Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Everyone wants a Mercury Cougar!

Today, I called my insurance agent's office to get the insurance taken off the 1968 Mercury Cougar that I just sold. I didn't realize that I hadn't done this until my wife had already paid the bill and was giving me the new insurance card that came in the mail. DOH!

As I was speaking to the woman who was helping me she asked if it would be too personal to ask me how much I sold the car for. I told her and then she said that she had been looking for a classic Mercury Cougar or a 1960's Chevrolet Chevelle. She asked for my advice where she could find one. She said that she had searched on Craigslist, but would not give as much money for most of the cars that are listed there. I advised that she should look at some of the classic car dealers like Country Classic Cars, Gateway Classic Cars, and Fast Lane Classic Cars.

The only thing that was disconcerting was the fact that she felt that the Mercury Cougar was more of a ladies car and the Chevelle was more of a man's car. I should have reminded her of the marketing that Lincoln-Mercury did back in 1967!

Mercury...A Man's Car.

1 comment:

MCA said...

A chick car? Hmmm...just because it is called a cougar doesn't mean a cougar has to drive one.