Tuesday, September 15, 2009

I Scream! You Scream! We all scream for Ice Cream!


Tonight my wife, daughter and I took the Cougar to get some ice cream after dinner. I had not driven the car in over a week and even though the car was dusty from sitting in the garage we loaded up and went to Annie's Frozen Custard in Edwardsville. When we left the temperature was only 71 degrees so it was a nice night for a quick spin and some frozen goodness.

While driving through Glen Carbon we got a thumbs up from a guy in a Mercury Grand Marquis and another guy in a 1965 or 1966 Ford Mustang. It was nice to see someone else out cruising around in their classic car.

We parked and I went to the window and ordered my wife a concrete with Reese's Peanut Butter cups and banana and ordered myself a Cherry cordial concrete. My wife shared hers with our daughter and we ate in the car.

On the way home my wife wanted to see a house that one of her co-workers just bought in Edwardsville. We drove by and it looked like it was in nice shape. Maybe someday we'll buy an old house...

My wife was a little cold as I headed out of town past the old high school on part of Historic Route 66. The hole under the dash where the heater system used to be lets a lot of fresh air in the cabin. I rolled up my window a little, but I'm sure it was not too much help. Another item for the to do list.

Then I drove by the Robert Stille Township Park (or the Airplane Park to the locals) so my daughter could see the airplane that is on display from the National Naval Aviation Museum in Pennsacola, Florida. She loves to point out the airplane when we drive by after we took her to the park to see it up close about three months ago. Even though it was dark at this point she still pointed out the plane.


Daughter and Dad at the "Airplane Park" in July 2009
After we got home I parked the Cougar back in its assigned parking spot in the garage and we put the little one to bed. A nice evening.

1 comment:

Splendorfalls said...

Maybe....
=) I love you and your way of explaining our evening. I would have said, "We got an ice cream". He He.