Sunday, March 28, 2010

Research Material For The Library


Recently, we received an e-mail for a 40% off any regularly priced item from Borders good for this weekend.  Since Borders has drastically decreased the size of their music and movie sections I find myself looking for books rather than CD's and DVD's.

If you have read most of the posts on this blog you'll know that when I bought the Cougar I received what is supposed to be the original engine along with the sale. The car came from the factory with a 289 cubic inch Ford Small Block with a two barrel carburetor, but currently the car has a 302 cubic inch engine with an Edelbrock intake and four barrel carburetor.  Eventually, I thought that I could rebuild the 289 and put it back in it's rightful place between the shock towers - with a few upgrades of course.

Today, my wife and I dropped our daughter off at my parents house so we could get some lunch and shop at a few stores.  After stopping at Applebee's for lunch and then Office Depot and Old Navy, we went to the Borders in Edwardsville.  My wife wanted to get a nice hardback edition of the Lewis Carroll classic Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through The Looking Glass for Elsie's birthday this summer, but while at the store she changed her mind like any good woman.  I looked through the automotive section for this book, but they didn't have it in stock.  The coupon expired today so I didn't think too much more about it and figured I would buy it at a later date.

After we retrieved our daughter from my parents house, my wife decided she wanted to go to Jo-Ann's Fabrics and Crafts in Fairview Heights.  There is another Borders nearby so I figured we could stop again and look. Our daughter fell asleep shortly after leaving my parents house.  We went to Jo-Ann's first and my wife picked up what she needed and I stayed in the car with our sleeping daughter.  When my wife was done and we went to Borders, the little one was still asleep.  So my wife and I took turns going into the store. Sure enough this location had the book and they also had the edition my wife wanted to buy for our daughter.  The book I bought was regularly priced $24.95 and with the 40% off coupon I bought it for $14.97 plus tax.

I checked the Amazon later tonight and the book was selling for $16.47 plus shipping unless I bought over $25 then the shipping was free.

Now I can start doing some research on rebuilding the 289 when the time is right...

No comments: